I cannot deny that when I reached the age of 30, my skin started to look dull, unhealthy, and not as supple as when I was in my 20’s. I have not taken good care of my skin when I was in my teenage years because I was always under the sun, playing volleyball and always at the beach.
I always forget to put on sunscreen/sunblock whenever I will go out especially on a hot summer day here in the Philippines and that causes my brown spots/melasma in my face, where my cheekbone is located.
And so when I started seeing that my face and skin is becoming dry and not healthy, I panicked and started taking more vitamins and hydrating lotion and soaps. I know it was late to realize that but I know I can still at least save my skin from turning into worst.
Taking care our skin should also be your priority
It’s not being vain when you take care of your skin, it is also as important as how we took care of our overall health and well-being.
How to have healthy skin while in your 30’s
- Hydrate. I cannot reiterate more on how important drinking water every day. 8 glasses are not enough especially for someone like me who has a regular exercise and yoga, The more you sweat, the more you should be taking lots of water.
- Take Vitamin E on a regular basis. As we age, the elasticity of our skin is not as good as we’re in our 20’s.
- Have enough sleep every night. A night of good 7-hr sleep is enough to recover our cells and body from an exhausting day.
- Use facial and body creams and lotions that can fully hydrate your dry skin. During winter or colder months, it is best to use extra hydrating lotions and facial creams.
- Use beauty products that suit your skin type
- Use facial mask especially if you have dry and dull skin
- Have a regular facial to your trusted skin clinic (if you can afford to do it)
- DO NOT FORGET to put on sunscreen
Ps. These are just the basic steps on how I take care of my skin. I do not have a perfect silky smooth skin as I also suffer from melasma, skin allergy, and dermatitis. I use topical creams and also I’m taking medicines whenever my allergies are in their worst time of the month.
How To Take Care Of Your Skin